Welcome to Wooden Ladder 4!
First Day: Tuesday September 5, 2017
Classes: (Morning) 9-11:30 a.m. (Afternoon) 12:30 – 3 p.m.
Hello! My name is Mrs. Brigid McDonagh, and I am the Lead Teacher of the Wooden Ladder 4 Pre-Kindergarten Program. Mrs. Barb Stroyne is also in our classroom everyday to help with the daily routine, as well as small group centers, and much more! We are so glad your child will be a part of our class, and we look forward to meeting our new students and their families. We hope your child looks forward to learning and making new friends this year.
The Wooden Ladder Preschool Open House is scheduled for Thursday, August 31, 2017. At the Open House, you and your child will be able to see the classroom and meet some of your child’s classmates! While you are here, you can see all of the different areas in our classroom such as the Math Center, Science Center, Writing Center, Art Area, Library, Listening Center, Dramatic Play Area, and Creative Construction Area. You can also look for your child’s name on cubby/mailbox. This cubby will hold your child’s notebook and folder, as well as any papers that will be sent home. At the end of this letter, I have included a list of items that your child will need for school. You may bring them to the Open House with you on Thursday August 31, 2017 or send them on the first day of school, Tuesday September 5, 2017.
Please let me know of any questions or concerns. You may call the school at 412-761-9195 and leave me a message, or email me at my school email address: email@example.com. I will respond to you as soon as possible. Sincerely, Mrs. McDonagh
WL4 Supply List:
· Wallet Sized Picture of child for our attendance chart. We will laminate it and use it all year long.
· 4 Large glue sticks .75oz. or larger
· 2 boxes of regular size Crayola crayons, any count, as long as there are classic colors included
· 2 packs classic colors Crayola markers
· Scissors (Child size, metal blades) Please write child’s name on them in permanent marker.
· Sturdy Folder with first & last name on front in permanent marker to be used every day for bringing the child’s work and other information to and from school
· Notebook (approximately 8.5 X 11 inch) with first and last name on front in permanent marker
· Roll of Paper Towels
· One of the following (your choice): Box of tissues, Container of disinfectant wipes, or hand wipes/baby wipes
· Please place supplies, other than notebook and folder, in a large (1 gallon size) Ziploc bag with child’s name and section (AM or PM) written on the front. Only place names on the scissors, folder, and notebook.
· Please provide a change of clothes for your child, including shirt, pants, underwear and socks, at the beginning of the school year. The clothing should be placed in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag with the child’s name and section (AM or PM) on the front in permanent marker.