Welcome to Wooden Ladder 4!
First Day: Tuesday September 4, 2018
Classes: (Morning) 9-11:30 a.m. (Afternoon) 12:30 – 3 p.m.
Hello! My name is Mrs. Brigid McDonagh, and I am the Lead Teacher of the Wooden Ladder 4 Pre-Kindergarten Program. Mrs. Barb Stroyne is the other teacher in our classroom everyday helping with the daily routine, small group centers, and much more! We are so glad your child will be a part of our class, and we look forward to meeting our new students and their families! We hope your child is excited to learn and make new friends this year!
The Wooden Ladder Preschool Open House is scheduled for Thursday, August 30, 2018. At the Open House, you and your child will be able to see the classroom and meet the other children in our class! While you are here, you can see all of the different areas in our classroom such as the Math Center, Science Center, Writing Center, Art Area, Library, Listening Center, Dramatic Play Area, and Creative Construction Area. You can also look for your child’s name on a chair and a cubby/mailbox. The cubby will hold your child’s notebook and folder, as well as any papers that will be sent home. At the end of this letter, I have included a list of items that your child will need for school. You may bring them to the Open House with you on Thursday August 30, 2018 or send them on the first day of school, Tuesday September 4, 2018. Thank you!
Please let me know of any questions or concerns. You may call the school at 412-761-9195 and leave a message, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will respond to you as soon as possible. Sincerely, Mrs. McDonagh
WL4 Supply List:
• Wallet Sized Picture of child for our attendance chart. We will laminate it and use it all year long.
• 4 Large glue sticks .75oz. or larger
• 1 box of regular size Crayola crayons, any count, as long as there are classic colors included
• 1 pack dry erase markers, any colors
• 1 pack classic colors Crayola markers
• Scissors (Child size, metal blades) Please write child’s name on them in permanent marker.
• Sturdy Folder with first & last name on front in permanent marker to be used every day for bringing the child’s work and other information to and from school
• Notebook (approximately 8.5 X 11 inch) with first and last name on front in permanent marker
• Roll of Paper Towels
• One of the following (your choice): Container of disinfectant wipes or hand wipes/baby wipes
• Please place supplies, other than notebook and folder, in a large (1 gallon size) Ziploc bag with child’s name and section (AM or PM) written on the front. Only place names on the scissors, folder, and notebook.
• Please provide a change of clothes for your child, including shirt, pants, underwear and socks, at the beginning of the school year. The clothing should be placed in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag with the child’s name and section (AM or PM) on the front in permanent marker.